STD Intensive Course (check our catalog for upcoming courses)
This three-day course is a comprehensive presentation of the diagnosis, treatment and syndromal management of bacterial and viral STDs - including an update of currently available STD tests and test performance characteristics.
You must be a clinician in order to attend. Participants have three options to attend this class:
1. Three concurrent days: one day didactic / two days in clinic
2. Delayed clinic: one day didactic / two future days in clinic
3. Didactic only: one day didactic / no clinic
Participants have the option to attend the didactic session on one of the three days.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Review of sexual history taking, examination, and behavioral change counseling of clients with STDs, including HIV; and
- Two days of hands-on clinical and laboratory experience in a busy, urban STD clinic, with a clinical preceptor.